What You Should Know
Who Should Attend?
- Working professionals in the finance, banking, insurance, accounting and professional services
- Individuals with basic knowledge of Python or recent degree in Computer or Data Science
- Finance professionals who want to make a move in their career from Finance to FinTech
- IT professionals from non-finance background
- IT professionals in banking industry who would like to enhance programming skills
- People from different industries who would like to switch their career to FinTech
- Financiers who are trying to create another stream of income
Subjects and Topics Include
- Introduction to Algorithmic Trading and its advantages
- Introduction to Trading Platform and Demo
- Trading Strategy Development Workflow
- Source of Trading Ideas
- Risk Management
- Evaluate Trading Strategies
- Pitfall of Algorithmic Trading
- Trading Psychology
- Build trend following, mean reverting and portfolio rebalancing trading strategies with python on online quant trading platform
- Backtest and evaluate trading strategies with various metrics and data visualization
- Avoid common pitfalls of algorithmic trading
16, 23, 30 Mar and 6 Apr (Sat)
9:00am – 1:00pm
i. WHY is this course useful?
i. You will be able to develop Algorithmic Trading Strategies using Python Programming Language.
ii. WHAT practical skill sets can I expect to have upon completion of the course?
ii. This course will teach you how to create a strategy that run automatically that don’t need your attention every singly minute during market hours.
iii. WHAT do I need?
iii. Have knowledge of basic Python programming. Please come prepared with Mac or PC Laptop with Chrome installed and able to connect to wifi, laptop charger and external mouse.